Reviews for CAPTIVATION
Best house on N. Captiva (in our budget!)
5/5 Stayed Jun 2019
Brian C.Denver, Colorado
We booked early because from the online pictures and description, Captivation appeared to be the best of what was in our budget. And happy to report we were not disappointed! The screened in porch and pool (and games area) was an absolute must! Bring bug repellent for the rest of the island or if hanging out side on the deck though. The house was very clean and in great shape. The property management team was very responsive and the process for us first timers to the island was great - would recommend Boats N Fun if your house party is only 6 people - appeared much easier than the larger charter water taxis. And that was a recommendation from Captivation property management team so thanks for that. They even had new skillet pans delivered during our stay - we didn't request them - they must have heard us comment that they needed replaced! - lol. We had a great time with our stay and the Island is beautiful. Thanks for helping make our vacation memorable with the accommodations as advertised! Cheers!
Captivated by Captivation
5/5 Stayed Jun 2019
We had high expectations for this home after reading the reviews and looking through the pictures, and we were not disappointed! We traveled with a group of 12. Among our group, we have stayed at 9 different homes on the island, and here are some things that set this home apart:
1. Tortuga property management: From the time you get off the ferry, you are taken care of. Your luggage/groceries are loaded and unloaded for you. They are even carried upstairs to the bedroom/living floors. Questions and issues are handled immediately.
2. Water System: The water tasted and smelled great. That isn’t always the case on this island. We didn’t need to bring over tons of bottled water. The water pressure was fine, and we never seemed to run out of hot water, even when several showers were running at once.
3. Location: While not right on the beach, the home backs up to the preserve, and feels very private. Beach access is directly down the road and was close enough to walk if the golf carts were already in use.
4. Golf carts: OK, every home comes with one or two golf carts, but Tortuga maintains the carts at this home, and when we had a flat on one, they immediately replaced the cart. I have no doubt that if we had had more problems, they would have been handled immediately. This is a huge win for us, in years past, another management company hasn’t been so responsive, and we were left without a cart for days.
5. Large gathering areas: The pool area was great, with lots of options for hanging out with family. We used this day and night and was especially nice on a rainy afternoon. The living/kitchen area was very spacious and provided seating and space for all of us.
6. Check in policy: Check in is officially 4:00 pm, however, guests are invited to take an earlier ferry and use the pool level and golf carts to get a head start on their getaway. We took the 1:00 ferry, which was uncrowded, and were able to get changed and onto the beach before 3:00!
7. Two large newer refrigerators with ice makers: We had plenty of room to keep our weeks’ worth of groceries and beverages cold.
Wonderful, relaxing place!!
5/5 Stayed May 2019
We enjoyed the islands calm, quiet, no crowds, and beautiful beaches.
We loved everything about the house, everything was perfect!!
Beautiful home! Great place to stay with kids!
5/5 Stayed Mar 2019
We couldn't have been more happy with our choice of Captivation! We had 4 adults and 4 kids ages 11-15. The house had such wonderful living spaces indoors and out. It was very clean and comfortable. Perfect for a beach vacation. Laurie and Duncan are great property managers; very accessible and helpful. We can't wait to get back!
Everything and More
5/5 Stayed Feb 2019
My husband and I brought 7 15 year old girls for 5 nights - the house was perfect! Our first day was hectic due to flight delays but thanks to Duncan we had a stocked kitchen and were able to begin our vacation right away! First day was cold and rainy but the house had lots of games and plenty of room for the girls to play cards and do puzzles all day. When the weather did switch we enjoyed the beach - great chairs, umbrella and just a short golf cart ride to the beach. The house has plenty of room, comfy beds and all the amenities to make an easy and relaxing stay. Would highly recommend the grocery delivery service they even made sure to get my daughters ice cream cake personalized!